The site went through a couple of name changes after being shut down from different spaces; all around the name displayed as “123Movies “, and on various events as “123movies”. Originally, the site was known by its URL and domain name, 123Movies.to, which changed to various districts like 123movies.is before redirecting to gomovies. to and later gomovies. is. It was changed to gostream. is, and at some point later to movies.to, going prior to changing to 123movieshub.to/is and remaining there until the end.
- In October 2016, the MPAA recorded 123Movies in its Online illegal and dangerous Markets plan to the Office of the United States Trade Representative, saying pass to that: “The site page has an overall Alexa position of 559 and a close-by situation of 386 in the U.S.
- to had 9.26 million by and large amazing visitors in August 2016 as shown by SimilarWeb data”.In October 2016, Business Insider revealed that 123movies.to was the “most-used privateer site” in the United Kingdom.
- 123Movies included HD, HD-RIP, Blu-segment, and camera qualities of films. Openload, Streamango, and MyCloud went about as the video hosters and players on the site. During its world and end period, the site was shrouded by TorrentFreak concerning its blueprints, uptime/excursion, end, and clarifications behind the end.
- In December 2017, the engineers of 123movies dispatched one more streaming site page zeroed in on anime, named AnimeHub., which stayed online for a hugely significant time-frame after 123Movies’ decision.
- In March 2017, TorrentFreak uncovered that the US messenger to Vietnam, Ted Osius, had been in converses with the nearby Minister of Information and Communications, Truong Minh Tuan, about closing down illicit video consistent battles working from Vietnam, and recorded 123movies as one express site.
- In October 2017, the MPAA presented a web-based reputation market report, 125Movies (and GoStream.is) to the Office of United States Trade Representative (USTR), revealing that while the page was positively situated in Ukraine, it found: “The page finds a way various strategies for veiling the character of the pioneer, including utilizing Cloudflare, yet there is solid motivation to see the chief is as of now in Vietnam; content is moved to utilize cyberlockers from various email accounts beginning from Can Tho University of Medicine and Pharmacy”.
- In March 2018, the MPAA said that the site was the “most unmistakable unlawful site on the planet”, given it was worked from Vietnam and assessed that it got 98 million guests reliably. On 19 March 2018, a note on the site’s show page verbalized its choice, and referenced that customers “respect makers by paying for movies and TV shows”.
In October 2018, United States Trade Representative said that the fulfillment of 123movies by walking around a criminal appraisal in Vietnam in 2018, was “an on a very basic level new turn. Notwithstanding, the MPAA report in like way saw those assorted copycat grumblings had emerged in reality eight specific countries. In November 2018 TorrentFreak revealed districts related or to 123Movies, for instance, WatchAsap had other than been shut somewhere near the FBI currently were re-figuring out to other record sharing fights.