Pest Control Southend is a method to kill and destroy the pests in your home. But this fact is misunderstood as chemical spraying of pesticides to kill the pests and get instant freedom from them. But pest control is not all about chemicals but also about every mechanical, physical and precautionary method to curb the growth of pests.
Insects can sneak into your walls from even the slightest crack and you never know where they find a way. So let’s jump straight to the ways to control pests.
Ways to do the pest control by yourself–
- Cockroach control – Cockroaches can be controlled to great extent by keeping cleanliness in-home and especially bathrooms. Dispose of your bathroom thrash at the correct Keep corners and vulnerable places of your house clean. This would reduce the entry of cockroaches. Find the entry point of cockroaches and fix it in a way that no cockroach can enter it.
- Ants control – Ants are the most irritating pests and small and in large numbers to do any physical method. But cleaning food particles from everywhere will keep ants away. You can make a liquid repellant of diluted vinegar in water and spray it at the place where ants gather the most.
- Mosquito Control – Mosquitoes are gathered more at a place where they find a cool and shady place to hide in the daytime. So cleaning your garden and backyard may help to control mosquitoes. Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water and so every source of stagnant water and leaking drains or pipes should be fixed.
- Rat’s control – Rats can be controlled by packing the place of their entry in the house. You should keep all the food packed and away from the reach of rats. Although rats will find something in the house to destroy and packing their entry would not allow further rats to enter your house but the rats already in your house can create a nuisance. For rats inside the house, you can use traps, bait, sticky boards, or poisonous food.
- Moisture bugs- these can be only removed if you treat the moisture in your home. This could be due to a leaky tap or drain or water draining at a particular place for a long time. Moisture encourages the breeding of certain types of insects which can also harm us.
- Gaps and spaces – Close all the unnecessary gaps in your house. If you find unwanted gaps, you can fill them with foam or copper mesh with the help of a screwdriver. You can seal the gaps beneath the windows and doors with an adhesive-backed weatherstrip. You can net your open vents and windows and remove the gaps of dryer vents.
Simply most of the pests can be removed if you keep cleanliness around you, maintain hygiene, dispose of your waste carefully, and keep gaps closed. Pest control is not that difficult process to do. Pest control companies can surely be considered for help if the situation is uncontrollable. One needs to keep a track of pests inside a home on a regular basis. This can be simply known by finding any pest dropping or wings or skeletons and regular encounters with the pests. One needs to be decisive about the steps to be taken further. Pests are a great risk to health and should be removed as early as possible.